Sunday, January 14, 2007

MacWorld and all that kind of stuff!


Well, I did forget to mention one of my passions - anything apple! It was the annual Macworld conference in SF last week and I have been going the last 3 or 4 years to see all the cool stuff and to be 'on the cutting edge' of what's going on. I have to say I was not disappointed. Before I married, I was interested in the new stuff but not quite on the edge as I am now. My husband is one of those 'in the know' kind of people. I found out about the new announcement of the biggest product to hit the market this year (do you hear the excitement in my voice!!) and called him to tell him. I heard it on NPR just an hour or two after the big speech by Steve Jobs. He already knew and he was off working in Dallas!! Like I said, he is in the know. So, the big announcement is that apple is going into the cell phone market. Not just a dabble mind you but with both feet! The new iPhone is going to be so cool and is certainly a must have. It is not due to come out until June - so that gives us all a chance to save up and get out of our current contracts! I called up to see when my contract is up with Sprint (who I will have no problem leaving) and good news is that both of our phones are 'free to go' - we will! wahoo and yippee!
So, back to Macworld. We got to take a look at this new awesome device - under glass in a museum type display. People were taking pictures like it was some type of unearthed miracle of the ages. If I haven't been there oggeling I would have wondered who these people were and what they must be thinking! I saw a picture that is exactly what it was like to be there in the New York Times that I posted above. Are you ready to join the revolution? What must it be like to have a company that people from all over just love and promote all on their own!
How do they do that?

No comments:

website page counter