Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Introductions...

At parties or when meeting people for the first time the standard questions are always asked - what do you do? I think a better question would be what are you passionate about! Ask that question to the next new person you meet and you will see see their face change dramatically! It will go from an interested listening trying face to a face that lights up when talking! The eyes sparkle just a bit and the mouth opens and smiles at the peaks. I often like to stop someone from telling me what they do. As a matter of habit, most people give you the 60 second elevator speech introduction. Now don't get me wrong, that has its place in life, I understand that. But to just try to find something in common for conversation with information about what someone does for money is just plain boring. Especially since on average, most people aren't inspired by their work. I do love the times I have experimented with this and found that someone is passionate about their work and getting paid for it! Wahoo! It's like hitting a gold mine and then I am very interested in hearing all about the details and how it happened to them. So, that is one side note on my introduction to you - my blog reader. I am a rock climbing seamstress that creates wild faux fur wear that IS going to be my living!
So, I invite you on my journey of discovery on how to make my passion into a thriving cottage industry that supports me financially, feeds me creatively and allows me to be independent and that master of my own destiny!
Next post will be my Manifest Destiny!

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Woo Hoo Nikki! Wonderful first post and very inspiring too. I know you're already a passionate rock climber and fantastically creative gal. I wish you much success with your new venture! XO

Cynthia said...

PS, where is the link to your website?

Janet said...

You are amazing, wonderful, creative, imaginative, outstanding, talented, caring, fun loving, athletic, beautiful, exciting, adventuresome, daring, and an all around fantastic person....
You go, girl!!!

love,
MOM :o)

website page counter