Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Faux Fur Hoodies - Active wear for funky folks!

You are probably wondering why I haven't blogged in a few weeks... well, I've been in the great white north! I took a trip to MN for a bit of family time and to test out the warmth and effectiveness of my fur coats! The report is now in - They are Very Warm!! I never had a problem the entire time! Fur coats and fur hats kept Merritt and I toasty warm!

In the meantime, I have been back in the studio this week preparing for my next show. I will have a booth at the Spirit of the Flame Challenge down in San Jose, CA. This is a multi-day gymnastic tournament. So, in that vein, I am creating fur items for mainly teenage girls.



One of my favorite designs I have made is one that I made for myself and not for the rack or the website. It is one that I wear a lot and truly love and that is why I think the teenagers will love it as well. It utilizes the short pile fur into a long sleeve cropped hoodie. For my favorite hoodie, I used yellow leopard with an orange leopard lining in the hood.



For my new design, I used my 'urban' furs that I used for the urban bomber hats. The blue tiger stripe and instead of a short pile lining to the hood, I used a full long pile fur. It really creates a new look and new focal point. I think it changes the design and creates a whole new aesthetic. When you put the hood up - oh my goodness- the fur around your ears snuggles your head and feels oh so good!

I will be making a few of the hoodies in a full length mens/unisex size in addition to my cropped versions. I am working on the sizing and style of that one as we speak.

2 comments:

Nick Williams said...

wow its so cool. your creation has a lot of style and fashions statement in it. I wonder if there are more of your faux fur hoodies, would definitely like to see them.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing a useful offer for Mens hoodies...

website page counter